Wondering where to get started with G.K. Chesterton? Not sure how best to encourage others? This new reading plan will take you through key categories, including an introduction to Chesterton, apologetics, fiction, essays, literary criticism & biographies, social Criticism, poetry, and other topics.
Why a new reading plan? This new plan is more systematic than previous plans, and is more helpful for the reader. Also, since Chesterton’s popularity has been steadily increasing the past few years, new books are available, and better editions of old books are available.
Here are the categories:
1. In Defense of Sanity, the Best Essays of G.K. Chesterton
2. Illustrated London News
Literary Criticism and Biographies
1. St. Francis
2. St. Thomas
3. The Soul of Wit: G.K. Chesterton on William Shakespeare
1. Chesterton’s best biography: G.K. Chesterton by Maisie Ward
2. Wisdom and Innocence by Joseph Pearce
3. G.K. Chesterton: A Biography
5. The Universe According to G.K. Chesterton: A Dictionary of the Mad, Mundane and Metaphysical
6. The Tumbler of God
7. The Hound of Distributism
All of the books are available from the American Chesterton Society and can be ordered online from our store. Members receive a 20% discount on all orders and receive a subscription to Gilbert. Questions? Email us.